Bioidentical Hormone Replacement for Men and Women
Hormones are some of the most powerful molecules in our bodies. We cannot survive without them. And yet, many adults are living in a state of depleted hormones, due to stress, toxicity, and natural aging. From an evolutionary perspective, we were only expected to have a lifespan of 30 – 40 years, so that is the age at which hormones naturally start to decline. However, today, we are living much longer, and have many chronic diseases that many in the alternative health field believe are directly related to the loss of our natural hormone balance.
Both men and women produce exactly the same hormones, but in different amounts – which means that men need progesterone and estrogen, and women also need testosterone.
The goal in BHRT is to replace the most important hormones in our bodies to levels that would be expected in a healthy young adult, before most people develop chronic illnesses. There are many in the traditional medical arena that disagree with replacing hormones in older adults, and even some who say it isn’t “natural” to do so. But our bodies were designed to live in balance with all of the important hormones available to us, and I believe that we are lucky today to be able to replace them to youthful levels if we choose.
Hormones are very specific, and it is important to have an amount that is “just right” – not too much, and not too little. It is never good to try to take more than your body needs. For instance, body builders that take anabolic steroids to try to build an un-natural degree of muscle suffer serious negative side-effects from taking hormones in massive doses. Our goal is simply to be optimally healthy, so only the amount that makes the patient feel their best is prescribed.
There is also a strongly-held belief in much of the traditional medical community that hormones can cause cancer and other serious illnesses, so they feel that it is dangerous to prescribe them. However, most of the major studies that have been done on hormones that showed that they were dangerous were done using FAKE hormones. Fake hormones are definitely bad for you and should never be taken if at all possible. Fake hormones do cause illnesses such as cancer and should be avoided.
Some may ask why bioidentical hormone replacement therapy isn’t more widespread, and more accepted by the medical community. One of the most important reasons for this is that drug companies cannot patent bioidentical hormones, and therefore cannot make a big profit off of them. Drug companies largely control the medical education of doctors, so most doctors have not been educated about the important health benefits of this treatment. Only doctors who go to special medical education conferences will learn about this important therapy.
Many studies have shown that bioidentical hormones actually protect patients from diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and many of the other chronic diseases that plague our society. However, old attitudes die hard, and many doctors are still misinformed about this cutting-edge treatment. It is very important for patients to educate themselves about BHRT. There are now many books on this subject. I recommend that every patient read several books on the recommended reading list to familiarize themselves with the issues involved with BHRT, so that they will be able to discuss it intelligently with their other doctors and friends and family.
- Helps restore optimal hormonal balance to the body
- Menopause symptoms may go away
- Helps restore bone density and reduces the risk of Osteoporosis
- Reduces vaginal dryness
- Helps eliminate hot flashes
- May help improve sleep patterns
- May help reduce the risk of heart disease
- Supports muscle strength and maintenance
- May help improve memory and concentration
- May help slow down the aging process overall
- May help improve healthy cholesterol levels
- May help enhance sex drive and libido
- Can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
- Helps reduce night sweats
- Helps restore normal sleep patterns
- Provides balanced state for healthy fat-burning due to increased lean muscle mass
- May increases stamina, energy and endurance
- May help protect against Fibrocystic Breasts
- May help reduce endometrial and breast cancer
- May help with Depression
- Helps improve blood flow
- May help decrease inflammation and joint pain
- May help improve skin elasticity
- May help normalize blood sugar levels
- Supports immune function
- May help increase productivity and creativity in personal life
- Helps restore optimal hormonal balance to the body
- May help men regain vitality
- May help improve blood flow
- May help increase lean muscle mass and tone
- May help improve libido and sexual performance
- May more effectively treat hypogonadism
- May stimulate sperm production
- May help increase energy levels
- May help improve concentration and memory
- May help reduce Depression
- Nourishes all tissues of urinary and reproductive system
- May help protect against heart disease
- May improve skin elasticity
- Encourages bone growth and improves bone density
- Helps accelerate fat burning
- Helps improve natural sleep cycles
- Helps maintain muscle mass
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormones in General:
- Restores optimal hormonal balance to the body
- May help regain vitality
- More effective for some than synthetic hormone replacement therapy
- Used optimally and safely
- Absorbed through the skin slowly
- Fewer interactive problems when taking other medications
- Restorative towards sleep
- Less dangerous than synthetic hormone replacement therapy which is known to cause cancers
- Custom Compounded: Option to have your hormones individually matched and tailored to your blood chemistry and hormones levels
- Body is able to recognize the hormones as their won and uses them as naturally intended
- Slows down the aging process!